Monday, March 14, 2011

Gwen Stefani for ELLE UK

Just a girl.


ELLE UK April 2011 Issue

Editorial: "Love Fashion Music Baby"
By Hannah Swerling
Photographed by Matthias Vriens-McGrath
Styled by
Andrea Lieberman

Gwen on what drives her:
"I think of myself as really lazy. My ideal day would be to never get out of bed. No one can force me to do something unless I'm passionate about it."

On makeup:
"I wear make-up every single day; I like to wear make-up for Gavin and I don't feel energized till I've put it on, then I'm ready to go."

On her toned body:
"It's a daily struggle. I work out five days a week. I can't imagine not doing it."

On marriage:
"I've been with Gavin for 14 years, and, let's face it, that is a huge accomplishment. I feel so proud of that – it hasn't been the easiest journey."

On modesty:
"I have this real masculine-feminine thing: I'm not really that sexy – I get all made up and then I like to be a tough girl. I didn't even wear high heels until I was in my thirties! To me, [stripping off] is so boring."


Subscriber's Cover
Lanvin Spring 2011 Collection


That's a really fabulous cover.

She's a figure of some contention in the T Lo household. Tom has always liked her for being charismatic and for having a great personal style. Lorenzo can't shake the feeling that her public persona is largely manufactured and that her style isn't as interesting as people make it out to be. We're both in agreement that this is a pretty good celebitorial, however.

Louis Vuitton Spring 2011 Collection

That looks stunning on her.


She's a semi-decent model for a celebrity. Yes, every shot is her looking directly into the camera, which gets a little boring, but she has a real understanding of her body and how to move and pose it. That's one of those hard-to-define qualities that people are talking about when they say someone "knows how to wear clothes," or even "she's working it." You know how they say a good actress finds her light? A good model finds her pose; that exact arrangement, right down to fingers and toes, that produces a pleasing line and a dramatic way to showcase a look. We're not saying she's world class in that regard; just that she knows how to, for lack of a better term, display herself. It helps that she's styled to perfection here. It might have been nice if there were better backdrops, but this is definitely an editorial that'll get you to stop flipping through the magazine.


Behind-the-scenes Video:


[Photo Credit: elleuk.com - Video Credit: justnodoubt via youtube.com]


Post a Comment


Labels: , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment